Monday, February 2, 2009

Me, Myself and I

It all started on February 12th 1991, I was born in Croatia. Four years later my parents and I were forced to move to Serbia because of war. We settled down and started our lives all over again. When I turned nine my parents told me we are moving to Canada where my grandmother and aunt already lived. I was excited about moving to Canada, I wanted to learn a new language and meet new people. Once we arrived here on June 25th I was very scared. I did not know anyone and I did not understand a word of English. In September I started school where I met my best friend whom I spent all my free time with. Even thought I had friends I was still lonely at times because I was an only child. When I turned fifteen my mom told me she was pregnant. This news came as a shock to me. Nine months later my mom gave birth to a baby girl I named her Natalia. I take care of her all the time and enjoy it. Now I am in grade twelve and next year I hope to get accepted to McMaster University.

No comments:

Post a Comment